Windows Store App certification error "WinRTXamlToolkit.dll is built in debug mode"

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Hi,
I ran Windows App Certification Kit for my Windows Store App and it failed due to following error.

"The binary WinRTXamlToolkit.dll is built in debug mode."
How do I get the DLL in release mode?

I have used Nuget pakage manager to install
[PM> Install-Package winrtxamltoolkit]

Here is an attached image of the error message
Jul 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Anyone? :O
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2015 at 4:03 PM
Are you targeting 8.0? If not (you're targeting 8.1) then I would try getting the more current version from here: www.nuget.org/packages/winrtxamltoolkit.windows.
Otherwise - and it's my recommendation anyway - you should grab the source code of the stuff you need from the toolkit and use that instead of the full library.
Marked as answer by surensaluka on 8/2/2015 at 6:51 AM
Jul 18, 2015 at 4:06 PM
Hi,
I'm targeting Windows 8.1 and yes I used the link above to get the nuget package, and what do you mean by “you should grab the source code of the stuff you need”

I tried to download the source and get the DLL on release mode but it throws lot of exceptions. Can you help me to get the DLL?
PS: Why do you send the nugget package released on debug mode?

Sent from Windows Mail

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM
The dll from the error is not the 8.1 one from the link I gave you. The new one is winrtxamltoolkit.windows.dll. I don't think I built the old one as debug though. Never had anyone complaining about it. By "stuff you need" I meant just the classes and XAMLs you need. You can't include just a dll and have it work. You can include the project in your solution or you have to use Nuget. Dlls come with additional files that need to be packaged in your appx and Nuget packages or Extension SDKs are the best way to do it.
I can't solve a "lot of exceptions" problem without knowing what they are.

Sent from Outlook

Marked as answer by surensaluka on 8/2/2015 at 6:51 AM
Jul 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM
Hi,
Thank you very much. It worked. You saved lot of my time.

Sent from Windows Mail