Charting controles not working in release build.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Hi,

I tried to integrate the data visualization controls (charting) into my WP8.1 app. it all works smooth when running in debug but once I run the app as release version, 1 of the two things happen,
  1. if I use the controls on the XAML the page does not load
  2. if I create the entire chart in code behind, the page loads but the chart does not.
Any pointers on how to make this work will be of great help.
Jul 30, 2015 at 9:06 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Same problem with visual studio 2015 final release Windows 10 uwp, in debug mode work but slow, in release mode not work .
there are the warning during the compile:
warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization.Properties.Resources/DataPointSeriesWithAxes_NoSuitableAxisAvailableForPlottingDependentValue'. The application may 
and this is the exception in release debug.:
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM
I'm planning to update the toolkit for Windows 10 eventually, but can't commit to a date since I'm busy with other things and don't currently have a working computer I could use. Your best bet for now is to grab the code and debug it yourself.
Aug 7, 2015 at 2:41 PM
I found errors:
1-is an exception due to the Binding data
2 non-graph display is due to that title:
   <charting:LineSeries.LegendItemStyle>
                            <Style TargetType="charting:LegendItem">
                                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed" />
                            </Style>
                        </charting:LineSeries.LegendItemStyle>
Dec 3, 2015 at 9:21 AM
Hi,

I have used WinRtXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization & WinRtXamlToolkit NuGet packages to generate charts in my Windows Phone 8.1 app.

The page on which charts are placed is navigated from the landing page on tap event of a listview.

The page is navigated and Charts appear, when it is deployed via the Windows Phone Applications Deployment(8.1) tool. However when same build is installed via Windows Store nothing happen.