Win10 Universal Apps

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:39 AM
Hi y'all,

Do you think Win10 Apps will work with WinRT XAML Toolkit out-of-the-box?

Is htere anyone trying to use it?

I want to port a Desktop WPF app to Win10 UAP and I want to use Toolkit Behaviors...

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:33 AM
I used the visual tree debugger in a Win 10 app and it seemed to work (most of the time), so I suppose - YMMV. I may look into stabilizing things more/reporting issues to the platform teams to fix perhaps closer to Build 2015.
Apr 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Thanks !
May 28, 2015 at 12:55 AM
I found some issues with the ListViewExtension for Windows 10 Universal apps. It seems that the dynamic keyword is not allow in universal apps.
Jun 10, 2015 at 4:34 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM
We are converting a Win8.0 Siverlight App to WP8.1 WinRt and found this project to be very useful for that conversion. Is this project going to be maintained for Windows 10? Does the Universal App platform make much of this project unnecessary?
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2015 at 6:09 PM
I'm glad my project is helpful.
I am indeed planning to add support for Windows 10. I'm hoping to get to it soon.
I don't think UWP really adds much of the things that are already here.

My advice has always been to copy and paste the parts of code that you need into your own project. The toolkit is growing big and much of it is probably stuff you won't need. The code itself should mostly already work in UWP projects, so copy and paste is the quick solution for now. I realize some people think with NuGet they'll get update and fixes as they are implemented, but there's as big a chance for getting breaking changes with the new versions.
Aug 13, 2015 at 3:22 PM
Hi xyzzer,
Have you made any progress on porting your WinRT XAML Toolkit to Windows 10? In particular UWP?

I am really interested for this to work, as I am developing a UWP app that contains some charts and I can't find a charting library anywhere that works in UWP.
If you know of any charting library that works, I would be grateful for a link please.

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2015 at 6:59 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM
My progress is rather slow so far. I am moving to github first - the (so far unchanged) code is already there.
See this issue for progress and plans: https://github.com/xyzzer/WinRTXamlToolkit/issues/2
I expect this might take a few weeks. Meanwhile I would suggest grabbing the copy of the sources and porting it yourself if you're in a hurry.
Aug 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM
To be honest I am not expert enough in C# and you would likely have it ported before I would get anywhere near porting it myself lol.
I did have a look through the code as I did considered if I would be able to port it. I will however keep play about with it and see how far I get.

Many thanks for the reply and for the great work on the library :)
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2015 at 6:07 PM