TreeView virtual methods

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Hello,
would it be possible to make TreeView (and possibly all other components) methods and members protected and virtual instead of private?
Sometimes we need to make some minor tweaks in the existing controls, so it would be nice to override method and let the rest same. Right now we have to copy the whole source code, change it and compile into new packge without the possibility to receive updates.
Thank you very much, Pavel
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Let me know which methods are of interest to you and I can check if it makes sense, but making everything protected virtual is never a good idea. It would only make it easier for changes in the class to break the subclasses to depend on these members.
Nov 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM
All right, we'll make the necessary changes in the separate fork and will create a pull request when it is ready ;)
Thank you
Nov 24, 2014 at 9:43 AM
<treeview:TreeView Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" x:Name="TreeMessages"
                                   ItemsSource="{Binding Groups}">
                    <treeview:TreeView.ItemTemplate>
                        <DataTemplate>
                            <data:DataTemplateExtensions.Hierarchy>
                                <data:HierarchicalDataTemplate ItemsSource="{Binding allMessages}" />
                            </data:DataTemplateExtensions.Hierarchy>
                            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                            //<Design of Group>
                            </StackPanel>
                        </DataTemplate>
                    </treeview:TreeView.ItemTemplate>
                </treeview:TreeView>
I am using the treeview like this. I am using the TreeView from WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls. Using that I am not able to open up the drop down by default for the first time when it is loaded.