Does WinRT Xaml Toolkit chart controls supported on Windows Phone 8 Apps??

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Does WinRT Xaml Toolkit chart controls supported on Windows Phone 8 Apps??

I have a project which I need to show chart on windows phone 8 apps.

does this toolkit chart control supported on windows phone 8 apps.
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Not ready yet, but I'm slowly working on making it work.
May 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Do you have estimate when you might support Windows Universal apps? We are trying to decide if we need to replace this toolkit in our Windows Phone 8.1 apps or if you are close and we can wait for the toolkit to be updated. Thanks very for your help.
Coordinator
May 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I have the core library building as a universal class library now. I'm planning to get the charting one working over the weekend and release the nuget packages.
May 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM
It looks like from our codebase that all we use is the WrapPanel. Will that be included in your release?
Coordinator
May 9, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Well, the chart controls have some dependencies on classes in the core library. Almost all of the current code of the core library should work on the phone.
Coordinator
May 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I got it to compile and run on Windows Phone 8.1 last night. I still need to do some work on the core toolkit though before I push it and start working on the NuGet packages.
Jun 8, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Hi,
any news when the Windows Phone version will be online on Nuget?
Thanks for your great work.
Aug 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Hey, I was wondering if you had any news on when the Nuget packages for WP8.1 will be available.
Keep up the good work
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM
I'm getting there. Just need one or two evenings to put it together. For now - grabbing the sources is still the best solution and really - you want to prune the project to just the parts you need to not have to carry all the stuff that's in the toolkit.
Oct 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Hi,

I would like to ask if the wp8.1 version of the toolkit will work on wp8.

Thank you for your work, it has saved me more than once.
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM
IIRC wp8 only works with Silverlight, while this toolkit targets WinRT, so directly wp8 is not supported, but I don't actually recommend using entire projects or DLLs of the toolkit in your apps since it might be more than you need and you might find you can easily take bits and pieces of the source code and they should mostly work in a Silverlight app. In fact some of the code is ported from Silverlight Toolkit so you could grab them from there (if they aren't already in Windows Phone Toolkit) unless you want to back port them from WinRT to wp8 in a weird twist of history. There are surely some parts that won't work in wp8, but many should be easy to move with perhaps only minor namespace name changes.
Oct 7, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Thanks for your reply. I was mostly interested in the ring/pie slice control and the charting controls in general. I will look into them and see if I can make them work in wp8.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks again.