Changing the starting point of X-Axis

May 29, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Edited May 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Hi,

I have designed the graph using WinRtToolKit i.e AreaChart. Graph is X-dates y-Rates. X-Axis.
X-Axis is 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 so on
Y-Axis is 3.55, 3.60, 3.65,3.70,3.75 so on
Now X-Axis drawn at 3.55 value of Y-Axis but i want this x_Axis to be drawn at Ang of rates say 3.68.
But i want the X-Axis to be drawn at the Avg of rates i.e in the middle of Y-Axis, X-axis should start.

in App.Xaml.CS file
void chart_PropertyChanged(object sender, System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
    {
        ((AreaSeries)this.AreaChart.Series[0]).ItemsSource = chart.ChartValueCollections;
        AverageRate.DataContext = chart.ChartValueCollection;
    }
In App.Xaml
<charting:Chart x:Name="AreaChart" Height="400" Width="1000" Foreground="Black" Background="white" Grid.Row="2">
<charting:AreaSeries Title="AverageRates" IndependentValueBinding="{Binding Date,Converter={StaticResource StringFormatConverter},ConverterParameter='{}{00:M/d}'}" DependentValueBinding="{Binding Percentage}" IsSelectionEnabled="True" AnimationSequence="LastToFirst" BorderBrush="White"/>
        </charting:Chart>  

What changes i have to make so that i can draw x-Axis line at avg point of Y-Axis values.
Coordinator
May 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I don't know, but I think there was a sample that defined custom axis ranges?
Jun 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Hi xyzzer,

To whom i have to contact to know about this. None is replying to this problem correctly. Who is developer of this WinRT Xaml Toolkit.
Jun 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Hi xyzzer,

Atleast tell me how to draw a single horizontal line on graph at middle point of Y-Axis????
Please reply soon.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2013 at 5:36 AM
I developed most of the toolkit, though some parts like the chart controls come from other sources originally. The charts I ported from the Silverlight Toolkit, though I haven't used them outside of the sample project myself, so if the given feature is not present in the samples - I have not explored it yet. If you need urgent help - email me at filip.skakun@gmail.com