Referencing Core and Visualization Source Code.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I am successfully able to install the Nuget Core and Visualization libs. However, the LineSeries or StackedLineSeries objects are throwing the following popular error in XAML.

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

So I tried using the namespace and creating a new LineSeries chart in C# which has no compile errors. I get exceptions when running but am unable to see any information. I get:

An exception of type 'System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Unable to load resources for resource file "WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization.Properties.Resources" in package "f493991f-e647-4935-aa98-cf62bceb23a0".
  1. I made sure the chart and line series has a total.
  2. I made sure my machine is set to English US.
  3. I tried adding source folders as a reference but they are not selectable in the add reference wizard in Visual Studio 2012 Express.
I feel as if I have exhausted all options for adding source to see point of failure. Does anyone have a solution for this? Any information is much appreciated.
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM
As I mentioned here - these exceptions get thrown because of a problem in packaging the resources in NuGet. The resource file missing is actually a list of exception message strings, so if you could use the library as a project included in your solution and referenced by your application instead of a NuGet package and then debug the original exception - you might see which was the actual exception string that was supposed to be displayed instead of the one you see.

I am planning on updating the NuGet packages soon, but I can't commit to a DateTime since I am only working on this project in my limited free time.