Can not see tool in toolbox

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Hi,

I installed the Toolkit through package manager console but I am still not seeing the WinRT XAML Toolkit controls in my toolbox. Am I missing anything?
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Hi,

To be honest - I am not sure how to get NuGet-deployed control library controls to show in the VS Toolbox. I can see that they do show up when I look at the sample project that uses the source code version of the WinRT XAML Toolkit and I can find them in Blend in an app project that uses NuGet-packaged version of the Toolkit - just by searching for the controls by name, but they don't automatically show up in VS Toolbox somehow. I saw in Tim Heuer's article that you can make them show up in the Toolbox if you do a VSIX deployment, but the Toolkit doesn't support that option right now.

I'll see if I can find someone who could help, but it's possible it just doesn't work with NuGet. It doesn't seem like controls from Callisto show up in the toolbox either.
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Hi,

I think i found the way to add it to the VS Toolbox!!!!
  • Right Click on the toolbox tab (example: General)
  • Click on "Choose Items..."
  • Under "Windows XAML Components", click "Browse..."
  • Select the "WinRTXamlToolkit.dll" that you install in your project
Am i correct that if i use the NuGet-packaged, it did not include "WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization"? Because the chart control did not show up and check the dll, seem like it is too small to include "WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization". Can you please prepare a NuGet-Package for "WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization" as well?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Cool, that seems like something you could use. I thought there might be some sort of script you could run to add these to the Toolbox, but Looking around NuGet docs it doesn't seem like it has support for that and probably to get it deployed to the Toolbox automatically - it would still be best to build an Extension SDK.

Charts are on NuGet: http://nuget.org/packages/WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization/

The composition classes are not there yet.
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Adding NuGet packaged controls to the Toolbox automatically is not supported yet, but you can vote for it here:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/6451209-allow-nuget-packages-containing-xaml-controls-to-a