License

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM

How does the MIT license for this toolkit jive with the CDDL license associated with the charts that were included in the toolkit?  See link here:  http://modernuitoolkit.codeplex.com/license

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Sorry, I have no idea, I am not a copyright lawyer. I would look for one if you need to find out. :)

AFAIR ZeeMoussa was OK with the license I use since he reached out to me to include his port of the charts library in this toolkit. Also I actually went through all the code and basically ported it again from Silverlight Toolkit with some inspiration from his work when things needed to be changed (I think I actually reverted some of his changes and added a few things he did not include like the PieChart and Legend).

If anything - I would rather look at how the MIT license here works with the Ms-PL license of the Silverlight Toolkit, but from what I recall I also asked them about it and they told me to do whatever I want with the code, so if you like this toolkit - you can just use it. If you don't - you don't have to. If you are not sure about the license - you can ask your lawyer. If you would prefer a different license - let me know. I can think about changing it or looking into using multiple different licenses.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Thanks for the information.