How to create auto generated X-axis in WinRT xaml Toolkit

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Hi,

Actually I downloaded the Toolkit sample. and I added the (WinRTXamlToolkit, WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization, WinRTXamlToolkit.Debugging) project in to my new project. In the Blank page I added the chart control, after running the application, It show the "Failed to create initial page" exception.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,

Karthick Babu T G

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:27 AM
tgkarthickbabu wrote:

Hi,

Actually I downloaded the Toolkit sample. and I added the (WinRTXamlToolkit, WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.DataVisualization, WinRTXamlToolkit.Debugging) project in to my new project. In the Blank page I added the chart control, after running the application, It show the "Failed to create initial page" exception.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,

Karthick Babu T G

Hi,

I created a new solution. In that I added the projects. Now I can utilize the control. Now I'm facing some issues on chart data binding.

1. Above the chart control, I'm having the filter in combo boxes. I need to rebind the data to chart. Now its overlapped with previous data

2. The x axis labels are need to rotate 90 degree. So I can fetch more values.

3. The X axis, I'm using the date time value. Actually I'm having value some days are missing. we need to show the difference between dates in x axis.

Could you please help me to fix this things using toolkit

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2012 at 7:05 AM

The charts have a known bug where datapoints are not removed when associated data is. The workaround is to create a new chart (or fix the bug or otherwise code the workaround in the library source).

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM

yes. I tried create new chart in xaml. now I can fix that issue. In Area series. the point shows very small. can we make it like line series?

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Sure, you can change the DataPointStyle property of your AreaSeries and then define an AreaDataPoint Style that has Width and Height set to the values you want. Currently AreaDataPoint has Width and Height set to 4 while LineDataPoint has 8 for both, so that's what you might want to use there. If you want it to look like a LineSeries itself is overlaid on top of AreaSeries, then just define both AreaSeries AND LineSeries.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Thank you so much. Now I can fix that issue. I'm facing one more new issue. I'm using x-axis as Dates. I need to generate like Y-axis, based on min and max dates. So far we are just pointed out name value collection. But I want x- axis also auto generated and plot the points based on x and y axis values. 

For example, I'm having 1 month data. In that i'm having values like 3rd, 5th, 15th, 21st to 30th.

I need to generate y-axis label like 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and  30th.  And I need to plot based on x-axis values.

Please give me some suggestion to implement this feature.

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Sorry, I don't know really. I haven't worked with these charts other than reviewing and updating the ported code. :)

One thing I remember was that Silverlight Toolkit used IComparable or some such as the base data type in many places where it did not work in WinRT, so doubles are used instead. Because of that you would probably need to use double typed data instead of DateTime.

For the labels though perhaps you could just use the DateTimeAxis. Someone wrote an article about it (Silverlight Toolkit version) two years ago - perhaps it would still apply:

http://www.diaryofaninja.com/blog/2011/01/10/two-little-tips-for-working-with-silverlight-chart-datetime-axes

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:07 AM

ok. sure. Thank you so much.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Hi,

Still I'm facing some issues on winRT xaml control toolkit.

I need to give following values to line series.

1. Line Thickness.

2. Line color.

and Y axis values always started with zero. and max value need to show(show next y axis value without fill).

Regards,

Karthick Babu T G

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I would google for similar issues with Silverlight Toolkit or ask a question on Stack Overflow tagging as silverlight-toolkit, winrt, winrt-xaml, xaml.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
xyzzer wrote:

I would google for similar issues with Silverlight Toolkit or ask a question on Stack Overflow tagging as silverlight-toolkit, winrt, winrt-xaml, xaml.

I search in Google, the above issues. Due to data points problem hide issue, I am using the chart control in code behind. To color change, changed the order of Palette in chart page. still I'm getting line color as Blue, Red, green etc. is it any way to change series color in chart?

Regards,

Karthick Babu T G

May 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Edited May 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Hi Xyzzer,
can i get answer for this. See the link i have posted a question

Link
Coordinator
May 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Isn't there a sample in there for a custom palette?
May 31, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Edited May 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Hi Xyzzer,

There is no sample to Customise X-Axis position
Coordinator
May 31, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Oh, I thought it would be similar. Sorry, I don't think I will have time to create one myself in the coming days since I don't know myself how to do it and would need to research.