AlternativePage and AlternativeFrame with AppBars

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Hi,

Is there any way of getting this to work? I've derived a new class from AlternativePage and added a DependencyProperty for BottomAppBar, but how do I implement the functionality for right-click and up-gesture to open the bar?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

You don't define a BottomAppBar property, just put an app bar in the root grid of your page and it will be your bottom app bar.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM

It becomes just another control at that point though, no? I'd have to position it myself?

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Whatever you do - it is just another control anyway. IIRC it aligns to the bottom of the screen by default, so you just need to make sure it is topmost in z-order by putting it as the last thing in that grid or setting Canvas.ZOrder property to something high enough.

The point of the CustomAppBar is that you have the freedom to change its behavior to work better in these situations where the standard app bar falls short. If you want to use the Top/BottomAppBar properties of a page - you can use these. If you want something more custom - it is important to understand how things work first before you customize them.