An accordion control would be nice

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Hi,

I could certainly use an accordion control right now in my WinRT project.

Thanks a lot.

Frederic

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Not sure if that is a good Metro design, but you could make an Accordion out of a couple of CheckBoxes or RadioButtons styled as a ToggleButton and put in a StackPanel together with some other content that has its Visibility bound to their IsChecked states. Check this sample project.

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Ok, I will take a look at that.

Thanks

May 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I ended up porting the accordion from SL toolkit to WinRT (http://github.com/brendankowitz/ZeroProximity.Accordion). I removed the ScrollViewer as adding vertical scrolling needs to be a very conscious decision in winrt apps. Obviously you'd want to style it to look decent, but the behavior of the control itself seems good.
May 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Nice, thanks brendan.
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Hi Brendan

Trying to build a horizontal scrolling timeline control. Similar to a horizontal list view full of accordions. But all the accordions I have found are designed to run down the page vertically.

Any idea how to modify your awesome port without hacking it to bits?

Rob
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Not sure I fully get what you're trying to do, is it something different to just setting the expand direction?

<controls:Accordion ExpandDirection="Right">
Jan 10, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Kind of. I am after the a vertical rectangular box but the text should display horizontally. Does that make sense?