Insufficient Memory Exception

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Every time I try to add the ImageButton control to my markup I get a blue squiggly line under the tag. If I hover over the tag the error is "Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program."

I can run the sample app without issue, but I've so far been unable to get the controls to work in a separate project. Do you have any ideas as to why? Thanks!

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I have a same problem! Have you resolved it? Error message has been appeared in Design mode, but not in XAML mode. App work but ImageButton is not visible.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Unfortunately I have not solved this issue, but it sounds like you and I are experiencing the exact same problem.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

What SDK version do you use?

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I'm using Windows 8 Release Preview with this XAML Toolkit that I downloaded yesterday.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I tweeted at the developer to ask for his help. He suggested that the assembly may be messed up, and that I should instead use the source. I gave it a quick try, and it works. So just copy the toolkit project into your project, and setup a project reference, and you should be good. Hopefully the assembly will work soon though.

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Source code seems to be the only option for now. I'm working on a nuget version that will package the xaml files correctly. Will also do a vsix installer at a later time.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Thank's.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Nuget is already working. VSIX might take a while longer...