Calendar-control

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Hi,

I noticed that there isn't a Calendar-control in XAML and to be honest I was suprised.
Will there be a Calendar-control in the full release because I think it will be used a lot in Metro style apps!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 6:06 AM

I don't work at Microsoft, so I can only speculate that since it is not available yet - it won't be available by the time Windows 8 ships. Perhaps Microsoft will release a toolkit that has some additional controls and I am sure some third party control vendors will release something. Other than that - you can add it to the wish list here and if I get some time or someone else wants to contribute - we can add a calendar to this toolkit.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

That would be great, if you could make a calendar control, it's really missing from winrt.

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Hi

It will be great if you add the calendar control to this tool kit. We need it .

If possible please let me know how many days effort is needed to develop this.

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Why, are you willing to pay me? :)

Sorry, I do plan to implement it, but I am really busy at work and might not get to it in the next few days or weeks. Maybe someone else would be willing to contribute to the project?

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

You can check the Calendar control I ported from the Silverlight Toolkit. It's located here.