CropControl

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Has anyone done any work on the "likely addition" CropControl -- or do I get to be the one who does it?

Thanks!
--randy
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM
What would that do? Crop pictures (actual WriteableBitmaps), allow to set up crop boundaries or simply clip its content?
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Crop. I have a very specific scenario -- the user provides an image, and then needs to select a square portion thereof. Very much like making your profile picture for your account on w8 or Facebook.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X

Sent: ‎3/‎19/‎2013 9:06 AM
To: Randy Chapman
Subject: Re: CropControl [winrtxamltoolkit:437213]

What would that do? Crop pictures (actual WriteableBitmaps), allow to set up crop boundaries or simply clip its content?
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Well, I was thinking of copying the CameraCaptureUI design for the CameraCaptureControl, but never got round to it. A separate control would make sense of course. Would you like to add it to the toolkit?
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I will definitely be looking into it. I also have some converters from my project that I’ve found to be handy that I will likely send a pull request for at some point.

Thanks,

--randy

Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:28 AM
To: Randy Chapman
Subject: Re: CropControl [winrtxamltoolkit:437213]

Well, I was thinking of copying the CameraCaptureUI design for the CameraCaptureControl, but never got round to it. A separate control would make sense of course. Would you like to add it to the toolkit?

Coordinator
Aug 25 at 6:17 AM
Anyone tried this control? Is it good? https://xamlcropcontrol.codeplex.com/
Aug 25 at 3:26 PM
xyzzer wrote:
Anyone tried this control? Is it good? https://xamlcropcontrol.codeplex.com/
That's actually the one I ended up writing. It worked for my purposes (obviously), and I thought it was pretty decent for what it did. Feel absolutely free to copy, contort, whatever :) Just let me know :)