Insufficient Memory Exception

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Every time I try to add the ImageButton control to my markup I get a blue squiggly line under the tag. If I hover over the tag the error is "Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program."

I can run the sample app without issue, but I've so far been unable to get the controls to work in a separate project. Do you have any ideas as to why? Thanks!

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I have a same problem! Have you resolved it? Error message has been appeared in Design mode, but not in XAML mode. App work but ImageButton is not visible.

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Unfortunately I have not solved this issue, but it sounds like you and I are experiencing the exact same problem.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

What SDK version do you use?

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I'm using Windows 8 Release Preview with this XAML Toolkit that I downloaded yesterday.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I tweeted at the developer to ask for his help. He suggested that the assembly may be messed up, and that I should instead use the source. I gave it a quick try, and it works. So just copy the toolkit project into your project, and setup a project reference, and you should be good. Hopefully the assembly will work soon though.

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Source code seems to be the only option for now. I'm working on a nuget version that will package the xaml files correctly. Will also do a vsix installer at a later time.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Thank's.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Nuget is already working. VSIX might take a while longer...